Thomas Chimney Services provides Senoia Georgia with Chimney Services including:
- Chimney Cleanings
- Chimney Inspections
- Chimney Installations
- Chimney Lining
- Waterproofing and leak repair
- Chimney Caps
- Dryer Vent Cleanings
- Gas log install
- Gas log Service
- Wood and Gas Stove installation
- Wood and Gas Fireplace installation
Senoia is a city in Coweta County, Georgia, United States. It is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. Its population was 4,073 in 2015.
The derivation of the name “Senoia” is difficult to determine. There are four main theories:
- Senoya He-ne-ha was the wife of Captain William McIntosh. Their son, also named William McIntosh, was a general in the army and a chief in his band of Creek Indians. Senoya was a member of the prestigious Wind Clan of the Creek Indians. This is what established the idea of “Princess Senoia”.
- From an edition of a one-time Senoia paper, the Enterprise-Gazette, comes this quotation concerning the naming of the town: “John Williams suggested the name Senoia for an Indian Chief of that name, a medicine man and philanthropist, noble, brave, and generous, who lived near the present location of Sargent.”
- Another newspaper account in 1873 held that Colonel William C. Barnes came up with the name in honor of a clever Indian who formerly resided in the community.
- Others say that “Senoia” comes from Shenoywa, a Native American title for Chief William McIntosh.
Senoia is unique, as it has been chosen twice to host the Southern Living Idea House, in 2010 and 2012. The Idea Houses are designer showcases of the finest trends in home design and furnishings.
Riverwood Studios is located in Senoia. Such movies as Fried Green Tomatoes, Driving Miss Daisy and the 2011 remake of Footloose were partly filmed in the town.
Following its first season, principle production of The Walking Dead has been filmed in Riverwood Studios (doing business as Raleigh Studios Atlanta), a plot of land about 140 acres (0.57 km2) outside of Senoia. Downtown Senoia itself served as the set for the fictional community of Woodbury during the third season of the show. Fans of the show have flocked to try to catch shooting, a development that has met with a negative reception from some town residents, while others have found the added tourists helpful for business growth.